Tuesday 22 November 2016

Ritzy Eyes, Eyelash Extensions

Hey Guys! 
Today I'm going to be chatting about my first experience with eyelash extensions. Lash extensions are something I've always thought about getting, but just never knew enough about them to actually try it out. The lovely girls Ieva and Donata over at Ritzy Eyes invited me along to their studio to have my lashes done. Ritzy Eyes have just opened in Blanchardstown and they provide a range of services including:
  • Lash and brow studio 
  • Training Academy 
  • Lash Supplies

Firstly you start off by getting a patch test at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Now technically you don't actually have to do this. It's entirely up to the client providing they sign a waiver before the procedure, but if you have sensitive skin its best to just be safe! 

Ritzy Eyes Classic Lash Set

When I first arrived at the studio I was offered a cup of tea and some chocolate while Ieva, Donata and I settled in for a chat. They began telling me all about the different lash sets that they offer and the pros and cons of lash extensions. This also led into the conversation of making sure you're going to a reputable technician when you get procedures like this done as damage to your eyelashes can occur when someone isn't trained properly.

Ieva and Donata have 6 collective years of experience and at the weekends offer a training academy for technicians. Ieva and Donata only take a small student group for the academy making it a very personal and productive learning space because you can get individual help instead of being in a big group. As well as taking on people who want to upgrade their skills, they also take on beginners so if there's anybody who's interested in a job as a lash technician I'd definitely recommend checking them out! Training starts at 350 for beginners and they are the only studio in Ireland to offer a full day training and refill workshops after 2-3 weeks. 


Ritzy Eyes Price List
After we had finished our tea it was time to get started. I got up onto the bed and was given a blanket to cuddle up under. Donata started by taping my bottom eyelashes in place. Then she cleansed my top lashes and began. The entire thing was completely painless and comfortable, I actually nearly fell asleep a couple of times because I was so relaxed. Something that always scared me about getting lash extensions was that they would look too dramatic on me, so Donata used the Classic Set, which is a more natural look that suits me really well as I don't usually wear too much make up! Ieva and Donata gave me the aftercare for my lashes and a little spoolie to brush through them and I was on my way. 




So what do I think about lash extensions and will I get them in the future? Well I can safely say, that I'm going to go back and get them done again, I feel like they've made me feel more comfortable not wearing makeup and have brightened up my face as well. They make doing makeup so much easier and the end product looks a lot better. Plus I haven't stopped receiving compliments about them since my appointment!


If you're a technician looking for a new supplier, Ritzy Eyes also have a full range of superior quality supplies that have been outsourced by Ieva and Donata after long testing and researching. They also offer gift certificates that can be redeemed for either services or training, with Christmas coming up its the perfect way to spoil your loved ones! 

Find Ritzy Eyes on Instagram @ritzyeyes or call 0894836841. 

A huge thanks to Ieva and Donata for inviting me to their studio and opening up my eyes to lash extensions and how great they are. 


-Sinead xx 

3 comments:

  1. They really suit you they look natural. Defiantly going there in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete